Downloads: Syllabi & Sample Tests
- All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
- The sample tests are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
- Candidates who were registered into the ECDL Core programme until 30th September 2013, will continue working on Syllabus 5 modules. The ECDL Core Syllabus 5 and sample test papers are available here.
- In order to download the sample test files to your PC, do the following:
- Select the ECDL sample paper link provided below.
- In the dialogue box that appears, select "Open this file from its current location".
- In the dialogue box that appears, select the required path to extract files to(e.g. C:/My Documents).
- This will extract all the files into the chosen folder above (you may require a compressed folder extraction tool e.g. jZip)
- In this folder, open the files and follow instructions.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files on your system.
- EqualSkills is an introduction to computers and the Internet developed for those with no previous experience.
New ECDL: Base Modules
- Computer Essentials: This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to the use of devices, file
creation and management, networks, and data security.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: Win 7 Office 2007, Win 7 Office 2010 & Win 8.1 Office 2010
- Online Essentials: This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective
information search, online communication and e-mail.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Test: Win 7 Office 2010
- Word Processing:This module allows candidates to demonstrate the ability to use a word processing
application to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting, and finishing small-sized word processing
documents, such as letters and other everyday documents.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS Word 2010 & MS Word 2013
- Spreadsheets: This module allows candidates to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate
an ability to use a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS Excel 2010 & MS Excel 2013
New ECDL: Standard Modules
- Using Databases: This module develops work-based skills. It will enable you to understand the main concepts of
databases and demonstrate the ability to use a database application. This includes creating and modifying tables, queries,
forms and reports, and preparing outputs ready for distribution, as well as learning to relate tables and to retrieve and
manipulate information from a database by using query and sort tools.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS Access 2010 & MS Access 2013
- Presentation: This module will enable you to demonstrate competence in using presentation tools on a computer.
It will teach you to perform tasks such as creating, formatting, modifying and preparing presentations using different slide layouts
for display and printed distribution.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS PowerPoint 2010 & MS PowerPoint 2013
- Image Editing: This module will teach you use a variety of programmes to manipulate images, and prepare an image
for printing or for publishing on the Web. By explaining the basics and defining all terms in a straightforward way, you will
understand the key concepts underpinning image editing, and will have the skills to produce high-quality formatted digital
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Test: Gimp
- Web Editing: This module was developed to enable you to understand the key web editing and publishing concepts, and
to design, create, upload, and maintain a static website. By explaining the basics and defining terms in a straightforward way,
you will understand the key concepts underpinning web editing and publishing, in addition to acquiring a wide range of web
design skills, from basic HTML to image manipulation.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests not yet available
- IT Security: This module has been developed to enable you, the computer user (rather than IT professionals),
to identify and protect yourself and their organisation from common security challenges when using ICT. It will also teach you
how to operate safely when online.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: Office 2007, Office 2010 & Office 2013
- Online Collaboration: This module sets out concepts and skills relating to the setup and use of online collaborative tools, such as storage, productivity applications, calendars, social media, web meetings, learning environments, and mobile technology.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: Gmail - Google Drive, Outlook - SkyDrive
- 2D CAD: The 2D CAD module is suitable for students who will be commencing study in fields related to the architectural, engineering, and construction sectors, or for those who work in these fields in a non-technical capacity who want to certify their 2D CAD skills. Upon completion of this module, you will be able to perform tasks, such as use a 2D design application to create and export drawings, or use enquiry commands to measure distances, angles or areas. Information about 2D CAD is available here.
- Advanced Word Processing - This module is a high-level certification programme through which candidates can
demonstrate their ability to use the advanced features of word processing applications to enhance their work, improve productivity
and save time. Completion of this module will enable candidates to demonstrate professionalism and save time in the creation,
production, review, and distribution of documents.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS Word 2007 & MS Word 2010
- Advanced Spreadsheets - This module is a high-level certification programme which presents candidates with the
opportunity to bring their spreadsheet skills to an expert level. Completion of this module will enable candidates to master the more
advanced functions of spreadsheet applications, enabling them to produce more sophisticated reports, and to perform complex mathematical
and statistical calculations, thus saving time and improving productivity in the completion of tasks.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS Excel 2007 & MS Excel 2010
- Advanced Database - This module is a high-level certification programme that enables candidates to use the many
advanced tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Successful completion of this
module will enable candidates to maximise database functions, in order to manage and analyse high volumes of data, thus enabling the
production of the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS Access 2007 & MS Access 2010
- Advanced Presentation - This module is a high-level certification programme for candidates who wish to create
effective, high-impact presentations using advanced features and who need to be able to prove their skills in this area. The programme
covers advanced presentation features that will allow candidates to use the presentation application to its full potential, and to plan
and design more effective presentations that have greater impact and that will better engage and involve an audience.
Syllabus │ Info Sheet │ Sample Tests: MS PowerPoint 2007 & MS PowerPoint 2010
Test Centre Managers can login here to access the ECDL Accredited Test Centre Manual, marketing materials & logos.
Last updated: 24-Nov-14