This module allows candidates to understand the concept of presentations and to demonstrate competence in using presentation software.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with presentations and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, within the application to enhance productivity.
- Understand different presentation views and when to use them; choose different slide layouts and designs.
- Enter, edit, and format text in presentations.
- Recognise good practice in applying unique titles to slides.
- Choose, create, and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Insert and edit pictures, images, and drawn objects.
- Apply animation and transition effects to presentations.
- Check and correct presentation content before finally printing and giving presentations.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use presentation software.
- Can be applied to a range of presentation software from vendor packages to 'freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective presentation software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 15-May-19