This module allows candidates to understand the concept of presentations and to demonstrate competence in using presentation software.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with presentations and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, within the application to enhance productivity.
- Understand different presentation views and when to use them; choose different slide layouts and designs.
- Enter, edit, and format text in presentations.
- Recognise good practice in applying unique titles to slides.
- Choose, create, and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Insert and edit pictures, images, and drawn objects.
- Apply animation and transition effects to presentations.
- Check and correct presentation content before finally printing and giving presentations.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use presentation software.
- Can be applied to a range of presentation software from vendor packages to 'freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective presentation software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
- Presentation Syllabus [PDF]
All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 21-Jul-18