This module allows candidates to understand the concept of spreadsheets and to demonstrate an ability to use a spreadsheet to produce accurate work outputs.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, within the application to enhance productivity.
- Enter data into cells; use good practice in creating lists.
- Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet.
- Copy, move, delete, and appropriately rename worksheets.
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions; use good practice in formula creation; recognise error values in formulas.
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet.
- Choose, create, and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings.
- Check and correct spreadsheet content before finally printing spreadsheets.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
- Spreadsheets Syllabus [PDF]
All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 28-Oct-17