This module is a high-level certification programme that enables candidates to use the many advanced tools available in database applications to better manage and organise structured information. Successful completion of this module will enable candidates to maximise database functions, in order to manage and analyse high volumes of data, thus enabling the production of the quantity and quality of information that business today demands.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand key concepts of database development and usage.
- Create a relational database using advanced table creation features and complex relationships between tables.
- Design and use queries to create a table, update, delete and append data. Refine queries using wildcards, parameters and calculations.
- Use controls and subforms to enhance forms and improve functionality.
- Create report controls to perform calculations. Create subreports and enhance report presentation.
- Enhance productivity by working with macros and use linking and importing features to integrate data.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a database application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to retrieve and produce higher quality management information.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
All ECDL Advanced tests are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 05-Jul-20