This module allows candidates to demonstrate the ability to use a word processing application to accomplish everyday tasks associated with creating, formatting, and finishing small-sized word processing documents, such as letters and other everyday documents.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Work with documents and save them in different file formats.
- Choose built-in options, such as the Help function, to enhance productivity.
- Create and edit small-sized word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
- Apply different formats to documents to enhance them before distribution; recognise good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Insert tables, images, and drawn objects into documents.
- Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
- Adjust document page settings.
- Check and correct spelling before finally printing documents.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills needed to use a word processing application.
- Can be applied to a range of word processing software from vendor packages to ‘freeware’.
- Certifies best practice in effective word processing software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
All ECDL tests (except for 2D CAD) are taken on automated testing software. It is strongly recommended that candidates contact the Test Centre and make arrangements to undertake diagnostic/mock tests before sitting for tests.
The sample tests (.zip) are being provided for revision purposes and to familiarise the candidate with typical test questions.
Last updated: 03-Jul-20